Ever since it was created, back in 1967, Abecip has aimed at contributing towards a sound and stable housing and commercial real estate credit system, based on the supply of credit on a fair and equitable basis, capable of ensuring the sustainable development of loans and finance operations and built on rigorous ethical criteria. These principles apply both to the Association and to its external relationships.
In this respect, the Association has always attracted the best real estate credit professionals in the country, to offer important subsidies to the market and to the government.
One of the Association's goals is to increase the ratio of real estate financing to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
As the representative of the financial institutions of the Brazilian System of Savings and Loans (SBPE) and of the Real Estate Financing System (SFI), Abecip's actions include: following up all aspects of real estate credit; proposing and offering to public debate measures to improve the systems; carrying out mature dialogues with regulators and real estate related agents; and particularly contributing towards the development of a favorable institutional environment to the expansion of the supply of homes and remaining real estate products, thereby fulfilling its protagonist role in promoting economic growth, job creation and household welfare.
To achieve its objectives, Abecip's initiatives include:
* To defend the objectives and interests of its associates, representing them in and out of court in any jurisdiction degree, with federal, state and municipal authorities and with public or private entities or institutions;
* To promote the improvement of its associates' operating conditions and productivity;
* To establish rules and ethical standards for its associates, to look after the compliance of such rules and norms and to promote associate meetings;
* To carry out studies and surveys and to promote the exchange of experience and information amongst its associates;
* To render specialized technical services to its associates;
* To join and to participate in entities or societies which are of the interest of the industry;
* To promote exchanges with other sister or non-sister national, foreign and international entities;
* To deliver, to promote, to coordinate and to maintain training programs, speeches, seminars, meetings and other educational and training events;
* To carry out surveys, to develop computer systems and to render specialized technical services to its associates, companies and sister or non-sister national, foreign and international entities;
* To develop other activities to help it to achieve its objectives, provided they are compatible with the activities described above.